Yesterday was one of the happiest days of my life. Walking through the villages and seeing the poverty these families live in has been life changing. These Kids have nothing. They just sit outside and wait for someone to show them attention, and bring them food and water. Papi Pete, Brooke, Blake and I wanted to do something very special for some families in the village. Of course we can’t give things to everyone, but God placed some families on our hearts. We put together a little Christmas for these kids. We packed up backpacks and bags of toys, candy, food, coloring books, soccer balls, trucks, you name it. We all got on motorcycles and went to each of the homes. I felt like Oprah! Our first delivery was to an older lady who has impacted my heart in so many ways this trip. She has 6 grandkids that she raises all by herself. Her own daughter and sons left her with them and everyday is a battle for her trying to provide for all of them. They didn’t even know we were coming. And when we showed up they went crazy just seeing our faces. Little did they know what we had for them.
Friday, July 8, 2011
SURPRISE!
"His Love Endures Forever!"
We went into their house and dumped out the bags of toys and candy! We yelled out, “SURPRISE!” I will never forget the sounds of those kids squealing when they saw the presents. The looks on their faces will always be in my mind. The next delivery was to the blind family. The little boy couldn’t see the presents but the smile on His face when he realized we had brought him something was amazing. I’ve never seen people so grateful in my life. As we rode from house to house we were throwing out candy to the kids though out the village. We went to three other families and every single one of them touched my heart in so many ways. As we were all surprising the families and handing out the gifts I thought to myself, “How amazing will it be the day we are able to see God and receive His rewards?” These Kids faces and eyes were shining as they were looking through all the gifts. But can you even imagine the look on their faces when they see Jesus face to face. God sacrificing His only son for us is the greatest gift. His unconditional and unfailing love is the greatest reward. I know these presents will only fulfill their hearts for a little while, and what we gave them will only last so long. But I know Gods gifts last for eternity. And His love remains and endures forever. It was an amazing day! Thank you Jesus for the gift of life! I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have a difficult time seeing the sad faces on the television commercials. Being 51, worn and weary sometimes, it's easy to turn away in self-defense. Seeing the smile you put on these kid's faces has made my heart glad. Angels don't really float on wings above the clouds. They take candy to kids on a motorcycle. Thank you, Miss. Thank you very much. <3
ReplyDelete