Living with 40 girls has been such a blessing. After leading devotionals last night I opened up the floor to whoever wanted to share what is on their hearts, or whoever wanted to pray about anything. It’s hard trying to tell them that they can trust you when their own family abandoned or abused them. After about two minutes of silence I prayed over them and went to my room. About 5 minutes later I had a knock on my door. There were about five of the older girls lined up wanting to share their hearts to me. After hearing their amazing, life moving stories I put my hand on their head and just started asking the Lord to move like He’s never moved before. I prayed for comfort, for strength, for understanding, for love, for forgiveness and for Him to bring healing to the broken hearts. As I was praying I felt a breeze come over the girls and me, and at that moment I knew that our Father wasn’t just listening, but He was answering the prayers of my sisters, His presence filled that room.
When the girls first came to the orphanage they lived in house crammed 37 with girls. The generator and the inverter crashed. So there was no running water, no electricity, no toilets, and no air conditioning. They were told that in five months everything would be fixed. After 5 months of trying to feed, bathe, and provide for 37 girls with no power, or running water, they came to find out they would be spending another 5 months in these conditions. They could only give the girls about a cup of water to bathe in, and very little water to drink. Mommy Brenda said she would wake up to crying and screaming from the girl’s rooms. They were sick, they were thirsty and they needed air. She would wake up and there would be a silhouette of sweat underneath them when they were sleeping. In the midst of all that pain, hunger, and thirst God never put His hand off of those girls. Even though everyday was a battle, God fought with them and carried them through everyday of their life. Through patience, prayer, and crying out to God He brought someone who turned their world around. Papi Pete came in and changed their life. He brought water to the girls to they could bathe, flush the toilets, wash their clothes and eventually He provided water for them to drink. God used Him to rescue my sisters. God never gives you more than you can bear, and absolutely nothing is impossible for Him. He can bind up the broken lives. He brings hope to the hopeless. He brings comfort to those who suffer, and He has already conquered the battles that come our way.
Marie Joy is one of the babies in the house. Her house collapsed on here during the earthquake and she fell into a fire. The rescue team was going under the house to find corpses and they found Marie. They thought she was dead, and as they pulled her body out she started crying. She had burns all over her arm. Danita took her in after the earthquake but she was extremely traumatized. It took a while for her to smile and laugh. But God put His hand on her and worked a miracle in Marie’s life. He brought her Joy! You can see it in her eyes as she looks at you. She is an angel, and is a walking testimony of the powerful hand of Christ.
Janet is one of the older girls. Last night we sat up on the roof together as we watched the sun go down and sang, “How He loves.” Janet said, “There is nothing better than closing your eyes and worshiping God.” It was amazing hearing those words come out of her mouth after knowing what all she had been through. Janet was raped when she was four, and her dad left her, her mom and her brother when she was 8; After that her mom and her brother became very sick. She loved them more than anything in this world. She said last night, “They were the light of my life.” Her mom knew that when she would pass Janet would be left with nothing, no food, no water, and no family. Her mom said to her, “When I die, I want you to run.” That night she passed, and Janet ran all the way to Danita’s Orphanage. As I pictured Janet running that night, I saw her as if she was running into the Lords arms. He had a place for her to go before she even started running. He provided a home, a family, and just like she said last night, “The Lord has always been and will always be my Father.” We serve an amazing God! I love you Janet!
Midaline is my little angel. I have a very special place for her in my heart. God gave me the opportunity to go with Karris and Brenda the very first day we took her in. We were the first women that she saw from the orphanage. You could see fear in her eyes, and it took a while for her to smile or look up. That day I just kept on praying for her as I could see the pain in her eyes. I bent down and right then she looked at me. Ever since we brought her home she will run up to me in the house and just say, “Mommy!” She has been abused and I know she still hurts, but through her smile, her hugs, and her eyes I can feel the Lord working in her binding up those wounds. She is my little angel!
Please continue to pray for the girls here in Haiti. They have taught me more than I could ever teach them. They are inspiring, they are strong, they are beautiful and the Lord presence is radiant through each and every one of them.
I love my girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment