Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
Today was one of the happiest days of my life. We started out the morning dancing and singing to Jesus. The rest of the day was filled with games, crafts, and just holding and loving on the kids. The kids were out of control excited! The simplest things bring them so much Joy, and because of that they inspire me in so many ways. The older kids at the orphanage are a little hard to get through. They understand “missionaries,” how you’re in their life one week and then the next week your gone. But I made it a mission today to talk with some of the older Kids about their life dreams and their relationship with Christ. This beautiful girl named Emma is very quiet to people she doesn’t know, but I broke down that wall a little bit. I introduced myself and started asking her what she wants to be. She wants to be a designer. Just like me! One little boy wants to be a doctor, and this little girl Tabitha (she’s my little angel) who latched onto me all day said all said all she wants to do is fall in love. It’s amazing to look into these kid’s eyes and know that the Lord is going to use their stories and who they are to magnify Him and His Kingdom. I told them that they can do absolutely anything they set their minds to and I can’t wait to see where God takes them and how He uses them in their life.
Lunique is a little boy I spent a lot of time with today. Danita and the amazing women here took Him in after the earthquake. He had to have his arm amputated and as Karris told me today, “He has been traumatized.” Although his smile is so real and big, as I look into his eyes, I can see the hurt He has been through. But what’s more amazing is you can see the working hand of Jesus Christ in His eyes. He held my hand most of the day. I left Him for about 5 minutes and He came running to me absolutely soaking wet from having water dumped on Him during the game. He was laughing so hard haha. He was trying to change by himself but was having trouble. As I helped him undress and change his clothes I was thinking about God and how no matter what conditions we are in, how many challenges we have faced, or what we have lost, He will help us every step of the way. We always try to do things on our own, but then God steps in and says, “Let me help you, you can’t do this alone.” Lunic taught me so much today about life and about God. We didn’t talk a whole lot, but through his actions and his love that he continued to give me throughout the day, I was able to get to know who my God is even more. I love that little boy!
Another little one fell down today and busted his lip. He started crying and just didn’t stop for the longest time. I held Him in my arms, rocking him back and forth singing “Jesus loves you.” He would just melt into me and lay His head on my shoulder. I could have stayed there all day long. As I was holding him I noticed that my shorts started getting wet…and then I realized. He had a little accident but I did not even care! Haha. I just kept holding him because he was crying. I loved him as if he was my own child! I have so many amazing stories from today. My heart was filled with so much joy and just pure love. The children embrace me, just as I embrace them. Even if they have one arm, or they are handicapped, or we have trouble communicating, they teach me more than I could ever teach them. I adore them. This is where my heart is. Thank you Jesus!
wow. this is so powerful- I am so proud of the woman you have become! love you so much!
ReplyDeleteThis is really amazing stuff Brooke. Really Amazing! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteBrooke!!!!!! Omgosh! First off you are literally the most beautiful person in the entire universe. Your pictures are stunning absolutely heart melting and beautiful! I literally just cried reading this and I havent even gotten through the next post. I could not be more proud of you. I cant believe all the beautiful things you are doing and this was only your 2nd day! God is so good. You inspire me so much! I want to be there with you! One day! haha. Gah those kids are angels from God. I can just picture your eyes lighting up when you look at them and their doing the same thing! You were so meant for this. I love you beyond words!
ReplyDeleteBrookie. Wow. What amazing stories already. You (and Cam!) have been my bedtime story for the last three nights now and every time I seem to go right to sleep with a new peace about me and a big smile. love you. Keep holding those kids for us and showing them the love that we have so fortunately grown up surrounded with.
ReplyDeleteBrooke, I am so proud of you! Cannot believe you actually met Karris face to face before I have! God is so awesome and his plans for us are beyond our imagination! He knew all along you were meant to go to Haiti, we just didn't! I love you and your heart for the Lord! You are awesome!!!! Hug Karris and the children, one day your mom and I will go there and love on them too! You are doing God's work! I love the heart you have for the Lord!
ReplyDelete