Saturday, June 25, 2011

"He Will Repay"

"When you give to the poor, you lend to God, and He will repay" Proverbs 19:17



Today as I walked into the airport, I literally thought my heart was going to explode with excitement (even though it was 4:30 am.) As I was getting my boarding pass ready the screen popped up and said, "Your flight has been canceled." Which meant I was going to miss my connecting flight in Miami. Which meant I will be traveling to the Dominican without my team. My heart sank to my stomach, I closed my eyes and felt God wrap His arms around me and tell me, "I'll get you there." I had no idea how He was going to do that, but I knew He was cause He's God! After hours of phone calls, and trying to get on another flight, God opened a door for me. A flight to Miami with only one seat left. Although I was extremely thankful, it costs 600 dollars to change the flight. I almost said no because we do not have that money to just throw out there. But I remembered what God tells us, "When you give to the poor you lend to God and He will repay." By me going on this trip, no matter what it costs, or how long it takes to get there I am lending to God by serving and giving to His children. And I find peace and comfort in knowing that my God WILL repay. Imagine God repaying us anything and imagine being able to lend to our Father? I stand in awe of Him.
When God calles you on a mission, He doesn't promise it will be easy, but it will be worth it. It has been a long journey with so many twists and turns to get to where I am about to be. First I was going to Uganda for a month out of my summer. Then God turned that around and wanted to send me somewhere different. Although there was a lot of confusion, and frustration as my dream to Uganda didn't work and I had already raised all the money to go, God was pulling on my heart telling me, "I will never mislead you." You can never limit Him, He can do anything He wants and you have to know and trust that it is whats best.  Up till now I have had to be patient and wait for my time to go on this mission trip. It hasn't been easy. But as I have spent a lot of alone time with the Lord before this trip I realized that sometimes  you need to be your own mission field. Figure out who you are in Christ more and more each day. Rest in the stillness in your life, thats when you can hear God the most. And when things seem to not make any since, thats when God has the most freedom to move. So let Him move, let Him pull you in a complete different direction than you had planned. Let Him test you, your faith will grow. Let Him guide you, He knows where He's going. Allow Him to pursue you, He will use you to magnify His kingdom and He will bless your heart more than you can imagine.  I have learned all of this as I have spent over a month resting in His hands, and trusting Him with everything I have. And now I know that as I get on the plane today, this was the end result. This was the trip He had in mind. This is why He moved me, He guided me, He tested me, and He spoke to me. I am beyond blessed!
                                         Karris and some of the kids! Cant wait to hug all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Love your posts and your heart! That is my favorite verse you mentioned because it is the only verse in the Bible that says we can actually lend to the Lord! He will repay you much more than money can buy and will honor your obedience and your heart to seek Him! See you tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, are you really my twin? Because I think it is impossible to have a sister this amazing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. proof of God in my life-- he used me to bring you into the world!!
    i am honored to be your mother! Have a wonderful day tomorrow! love you!

    ReplyDelete