Wednesday, June 29, 2011

He knows My Cam!

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

This morning at devotionals I was asked if I had a God moment yesterday. I feel like I have one with every single child I interact with. But one particular boy stood out to me, Johnny. He always comes up to me right when I walk through the gate in the morning. He always looks at me and just grins from ear to ear. Yesterday I sat down with him and showed Him a picture of my sisters and me. He pointed straight to Cam, and He had a confused look on His face. I said, “That’s my twin Cameron.” He grabbed the picture out of my hand and just started staring at Cam’s face. At that moment I wanted to know His story. Where he came from, what he’s been through, and how God has worked in His life. Later that day Karris and I were with Johnny and she started to tell me His story. He was rescued from Port-au-Prince after the earthquake. His mom was bathing Johnny when it hit and ran out of the house. His twin brother however, didn’t make it. Johnny remembers everything that happened that day. My heart broke at that moment. I understood why we bonded so well after he knew that I was a twin. All we did was look at each other and hold hands, but I understood a deeper part of him and he understood a deeper part of me. He knows what its like to have the closest relationship you could ever have with someone. He understands the love between Cam and me.  She completes a lot of who I am. She has never left my side, and being away for six weeks has been one of the most challenging changes I’ve had to deal with. I literally could never picture living my life without her, and to know that Jimmy lost His other half breaks my heart. I said to the group today, “I was able to embrace him and the hurt he must feel because I share that same love he had with his twin brother with cam, and it is the strongest love in the world. “
I miss you Camy, I know God changed your world in Haiti, and now He’s changing mine. Not a minute goes by without you in my thoughts and prayers. You are loved deeply, by God, the Kids, and Me! I am more than proud of you and what you have accomplished for the Lord. I love you more than you can imagine.
After hearing Johnny’s story I looked around the orphanage and just watched the kids playing and laughing. I thought to myself, “Everyone of these Kids have a story.” They have all been hurt in some way. Whether it’s from being abandoned, being found after the earthquake, being rescued, being sick, or being abused, each child is here for a reason. I can see Christ in every single one of them and I know that He heals, He comforts, and He loves His children.  I am beyond blessed to me here. 

1 comment:

  1. Omgosh Brookie! This made me cry. Soooo special and so insane. This made me so happy though that you are able to connect in such an amazing way to Johnny. I love you so much and I am so blessed to have you as my twin sister. It truly is the best thing ever. I am so excited for you to stay longer!!! You are amazing.....lets live there together one day. K! Tell the kids I love them, cherish every moment. I already miss it so much! Your my angel

    ReplyDelete