I am about to embrace a remarkable journey that God has planned for my life. I leave for Haiti in 1 day. God has been preparing my heart for a while now, and i am more than ready to share His name, His fame, and His love to my brothers and sisters in Haiti. Something that has been so clear to me as I reflect back on this year is that God works in mysterious ways. He has shaken my world up this past year as I have gone through so many changes and challenges that I never pictured happening. In the midst of the change, and the heartbreak; in the midst of all the confusion and the hardships life threw at me, God knew exactly what He was doing. He was preparing me for my mission in Haiti. People ask me all the time, "How has your year been?" I always say, "It has been the hardest year of my life, but definitely the best." Through the dark days, and trying to overcome the challenges, I got to know my Savior more and more each day. I didn't just know Him as God, but i began to know Him as my EVERYTHING. He is my healer, my father, my strength, my love, and He truly is the only thing I need in this life. When you rest if Gods arms everyday, and give Him every ounce of you, you begin to feel His presence. You begin to hear Him, and get a glimpse of what all He has in store for you...it's beautiful. It took God moving my world upside down for me to understand exactly where He wants me. Iv'e learned that it might take your dreams being moved, having the ones you love leave, and your plans not going your way to understand His mission for your life; It might take a lot of tears, a lot of prayer, and more trust than you can imagine, but in the end you know that God keeps His promises. And that is that He will never mislead you. God will never forsake you. He will give and take away, and place you where you need to be placed. You have to trust that it's not to harm you, or hurt you, but it's to reveal to you His perfect plan for your life.
"The King will reply, 'Truly i tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40
Brookie!!!! Im the first to comment!!! haha. First of all, your blog is amazing! Love everything about it, its better than mine!!! You always beat me haha. You are such an amazing person. You just preached it girl! haha. If only I had half of your strength and wisdom. You are my inspiration, and I look up to you so much. Thank you for pushing me and for being such a light to others. You have been through so much this year and deserve this trip more than anything! I cannot wait for you to come home and for us to finally hug and see each other! Were gonna tell stories for the rest of our lives and they will be God stories! I cant believe you leave tomorrow! Your going to rock it. It will be hard, it will be overwhelming, it will be another challenge, but it will be the most beautiful experience you have ever had. Pray for peace. Cherish every moment. You have gone through more and have learned more than people do in their entire lives. I am so proud of you! Your blog just shows how your the creative/designer one out of us two. haha. Ah I will be stalking it. Love you so so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBrooke....your blog looks almost as beautiful as you. You know I love you dearly. Do a good job in Haiti but be very careful and stay safe!
ReplyDeletePapa
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBrookie! I'm so excited for you! I loved hearing your voice today, even though you were a tad down. Looks like you made it to DR so things are looking up! Now I REALLY won't ever get anything done since all I'm gonna do is stalk you and Cam's blog all day. Fail. haha. love you!!!!
ReplyDelete