Monday, June 27, 2011

Crossing Over

 "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 

Today was Market day at the border. Which meant we were going to be crossing the border through thousands of people Dominicans and Haitians. It was like trying to push through a Justin Bieber concert to get to the stage. Is was a crazy! You had to push people, and let them push you.  As I was walking through I walked with my head down because I was a little scared, but as I was walking I felt God speak to me saying, “Walk with your head held high, you are carrying My name and I will protect you.”  He was protecting me, and I know as I walk Christ shines through me, no matter where I am. While trying to get through you have the Dominicans yelling at you; they have so much anger built inside from the poverty and the lifestyle they live in everyday.  I saw so many children that didn’t have any clothes and they were just crying.  No one would pick them up or hold them and tell them it was going to be okay. They were standing in the middle of piles and piles of trash and liter. A lot of the little boys at the border are sold into human trafficking. My heart breaks when I look at my brothers, but I have to think of what God says in Psalm 46, “Be still, and know that I am God.” I said a prayer at that moment and although I wanted nothing more than to take all of the kids under my arm, God said to me, “I am holding them with my righteous right hand…I have them under my wing.” Though the circumstances didn’t seem like that, you have to know and trust that God is with all of His children. He doesn’t pick and choose who He comforts and who He loves. But our God is all -knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful and He holds the universe in His hands.

The children will run after you as you walk to the border and they will look you right in the eyes and hold out their hand asking for money. Even if you have some you cant give them anything. If you do they will bring the money back to their parents and they will be horribly abused for not brining back enough. Although that breaks my heart, I find peace in knowing who my God is and what He is saying during those times. God would say to those children, “You being you, and giving your life to me is more than enough.” He doesn’t ask anything from us but just to BELIEVE.  I know that Jesus will meet them right where they are and those wounds will be healed by His powerful, and unconditional love. It has been an amazing, eye opening, and challenging experience so far. God is moving in me and in the kids more and more everyday. Haiti is my heaven. I am beyond blessed. 

2 comments:

  1. Brookie! Um, okay your blogs and your writing is making me learn more than I have in my whole life! You are so incredible. I know what your seeing is tough and it hurts your heart. I am so excited for both of us to get back to America and be able to process everything together and relate on such a new level. You are a light in this world. Your faith is insane. I am so proud of you. You are amazing and you inspire me so much, with the perspective you have on some of the greatest challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brooke, i am so awed by your writings and then i realized the reason i wa suppose to connect to Karris is because of you! God is so awesome and so good! I love your writings and your blog. You are a child of God! Make no doubt! He is an awesome and untiresome God who loves all his children. I love you and the love you are sharing in Haiti!!! I am so proud of you and your work! I love you and am praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete